13001 Seal Beach Blvd. Suite 360

Seal beach, CA 90740

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon

Tel: 562-761-7635

© 2019 Healing Nutrition Therapy

Resources & FAQ

Can you help me with other nutrition related issues?
Of course...a registered dietitian is trained in providing nutritional therapy for a variety of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, immune disorders, food allergies, and digestive issues to name a few.
Will you cure my Disordered Eating ?

There are no cures and there are no quick fixes.  It’s about permanent change and that is up to you and where you are in your healing process. What I can promise is to be your counselor, your coach, and to listen to your needs. Learning to use your authentic voice is sometimes hard.   I help you learn new coping tools and educate yourself with realistic nutrition and exercise information. 

How many sessions will I need?

The number of sessions you will need varies depending on the issue I am counseling you for. I have had clients who only needed the initial session to get the information necessary to make sustainable changes. Other clients have been seeing me on-going for years. Disordered eating therapy is a process and there are steps to take; there may be issues with trust, honesty, shame, worthlessness, hope, despair, control. It's complicated. We will break it down together and you will know when you are strong enough, when your core is upright.

What is the difference between a registered dietitian and a nutritionist?

Anyone can call himself or herself a nutritionist but registered dietitians (RDs) are the nutrition professionals with the right credentials. RDs are licensed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. We can legally practice medical nutrition therapy and are highly trained in multiple forms of nutrition counseling such as cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and dialectical behavioral therapy. We have malpractice insurance! RDs base all their nutrition work on sound and current  science.

A worthy RD should have: 

  • Earned a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university

  • Completed an extensive internship program that includes supervised clinical experience and

  • Passed a national licensing exam.


Like my Facebook Page and follow me

on Twitter for tips,

tools, and support!

 Intuitive Eating Workshop

February 3rd, 2018

Click for more info!